A backyard pond always adds to the glory and glamour to a house’s exterior. It shows the elegance and class of the houses owner. Also it keeps the surrounding environment cool at the time of summer. If you add some pond lights in or around the pond then it will be a great addition. The light actually enlivens the pond by creating wonderful reflection on the water and illuminating the water. For a pong in a good way, there should be a good pond kit setup which include pond lights.
To buy and use the pond lights, you need to know a few details which will help you to choose the right kind for your purpose.
- The power of the light will depend proportionately on the size and depth of the pond. The bigger the pond is the more powerful the pond will be.
- LED lights are preferable than regular lights for ponds. LED lights do not require much maintenance and yet it lasts longer so it will be a good investment to buy LED light for your pond.
- Earlier the power supply source for pond lights was wired mains power connection. But now, for consistent and strong power supply to your pond you can seek help of solar power. Solar powered lamps are sometimes flimsy but for the pond these are more convenient as they do not need external power source.
- Dusk to dawn lamp post is another good option, as these also work independently. But you have to place them intelligently to get them working.
- Placement is another issue that can get your concern. When you are using solar powered lamp, you need to position it somewhere it will get the maximum solar light. If you are planning to get sunken lights, then use a weight to put them under the water, or they can float.
- Make sure you are protected from any issue created by electricity malfunctioning. Make the lighting fixtures grounded to ensure that there is no chance of any accident.
- Burying the cables is another important factor, or else you may end up getting tripped over the scattered cables.
- Best Underwater Pond Lights
- 1. Jebao Submersible LED pond light
- 2. Pond light 36 LED 100% waterproof underwater submersible light
- 3. Aquascape Submersible LED spotlight for pond, garden and landscape
- Aquascape Submersible LED spotlight for pond, garden and landscape
- 4. MIK Solutions Underwater Light 170 Solid Brass 7WMR16
- 5. Solar pond spotlight submersible
- 6. WEKSI RGB 36 LED Submersible Lamp with IR Remote Control
- 7. LemonBest 12v Water Resistant LED Underwater Light Flood Lamp
Best Underwater Pond Lights
Now that we are almost done with all the protocols and directions, let us dig out the best 7 underwater pond lights which can help you to decorate your garden pond.
1. Jebao Submersible LED pond light
This brand is an old one and they are manufacturing electrical equipments for a long time. Their products for aquarium and pond have earned praise from the users.
- They have light kits with different number of lights to meet the need of different users. They come with options for 3, 4, 5 and 6 lights option.
- The fixtures use LED technology which is energy efficient. This is a great way to decrease the power use for the pond lighting.
- Each of the fixtures contains 12 white LEDs.
- The white light is not the only option. To add some glamour to your garden pond you can use the plastic snap on lenses that come in red, green, yellow and blue shades. The different coloured lights can also be used when you will be hosting a garden party to match the theme and décor of the occasion.
- It comes with UL listed low voltage power supply that is great for keeping the pond safe.
- The process uses 12 volts of electricity.
- It will get lighted automatically in dusk by a photocell. It also turns the light off at sunrise.
- The lights are individually mounted on weighted base so these one stand stably.
- These can be tilted up and down so you can aim them effortlessly at any point or angle.
- There is a 16 foot cord available for each light so you can place them easily.
- The photocell is there to help you with automatic control.
- The lights stay submerged and do not float up which is great for the pond lighting.
2. Pond light 36 LED 100% waterproof underwater submersible light
These lights are just great for any kind of pond decoration. They will serve the purpose of having great looking garden pond and will add up to the glamour of your house exterior. The light is amazing and the control is also smooth.
- The lights come with fully articulate 180 degree adjustability. The irradiation angle can be changed arbitrarily and any angle can be set for the lights.
- It is much convenient to use them in any place like waterfall, fish tank, pool party etc. as the angle adjustment is feasible you can move it anyway you like.
- The lights are built with IR receiving sensor. The remote control comes with 24 keys RGB mode.
- These pond lights are submersible and they are eligible of providing 16 kinds of monochrome static lighting. There are 10 levels of adjustment in brightness along with 4 kinds of dynamic effects. The effects are flash, strobe, fade and smooth.
- Not only that, it also is eligible for 10 levels of adjustable speeds.
- The durability as mentioned by the manufacturer is 25000 hours.
- The design is IP68 waterproof so there will be no chance of any accidents. The lights can stay submerged but will not be damaged anyway.
- The set comes with 36 LED lights, IR receiving sensor and adapter.
- There are suckers to fit the lights inside the pond. Then you can plug the adapter into the socket. The process is really easy and simple.
- The suction cups works better in a smooth surface, so do not try to fit them in any rough surface or they will not work as expected.
- The remote works with IR so this should be aimed at the remote receiver for proper functioning.
- The lights are bright and definitely provide ample light to brighten the whole pond area.
- The colour change option is there so you can get different coloured light effects with a single buy.
- There are varieties of colour options, so you may not like all of them but will surely find some of your choice.
- There are suction cups which are used to keep the light floating.
- It is low voltage so you do not need to worry about the waste of money.
- Along with colours you can select the mode of lighting via the remote control.
- The lights are absolutely bright and they can cast light about 6 to 8 feet.
- The remote uses IR technology to control the lights so you can control them effortlessly and thus will be ensured of seeing the result just as you wish.
3. Aquascape Submersible LED spotlight for pond, garden and landscape
The brand Aquascape is famous for the products to enrich and beautify your outdoor and house exterior. Here they have come up with their new lights which are just perfect for the pond as well as garden or any outdoor party.
- The lights are built with die cast process. Thus they are accommodated with protective coating that helps them to stay away from any damage. The shell does not crack easily like plastic.
- The light is housed and sealed permanently so you will not worry about it getting damaged or water leaking inside the shell.
- The fixtures never required to be opened as they are supposed to last for 40000 hours. Thus it can be said that these are pretty durable.
- The light emitted from LED lamps is not cold and harsh, but is bright yet soothing for eye.
- You can use the light with a 12 volt system or you can use them solely, in a stand-alone way.
- The core length of the light is 14.5 feet.
- This is a 1 watt spotlight and it can be used in garden as well as in ponds. It can change the traditional landscape into a modern and nice looking place.
- The light can easily integrate with Aqua cape quick connect 12 volt components.
- You get a 5 years replacement warranty from the manufacturer which means the company is pretty sure of the light’s functionality and durability.
- The 1 watt light provides the light equivalent to a 10 watt halogen light so it is power saving and cost saving.
- You can use them in any number depending up on the size of your pond, and it will illuminate the water body in a nice and smooth way.
- The light is bright and easily placed inside the pond with the help of brackets. These are submersible and will not leak as they are totally protected by the shell. So it can be a nice choice for your garden pond.
4. MIK Solutions Underwater Light 170 Solid Brass 7WMR16
You can make your pond or garden beautiful by adding the professional touch with the presence of MIK solutions underwater light. It does not leak, rust or corrode and will give you enough charisma to make the place look like a high class party scene.
- Light of this bulb will be submerged so no chance of overheating.
- This light from MIK Solution offers safety and security around the home and outdoor living areas. The bright energy efficient LED lights offer a sober atmosphere which is just perfect to welcome your guests on a summer night.
- This is just the right kind of underwater light which will suit any pond, fountain or garden. You can also apply it with any waterfall or streams.
- The warm white light that it provides is bright enough to see everything and yet it will not be harsh for your eyes.
- It emits 2700 Kelvin illumination and it comes with replaceable 7W MR16 LED bulb which is included in the package.
- The running of this light is safe on 12 volt electricity.
- It needs low voltage transformer to run, you must arrange for it to run this light.
- Wire and waterproof connectors are not included in this package, so you need to take care of these equipments before you get ready to use this light. The underwater installation would not be complete without these items.
- The water tight seals are available with this light.
- The alignment of the light is adjustable so you can modify the angle as per your choice. The perfect illumination will be possible with your light angle adjustment.
- The fixture in the screws holds the cap to the cavity so the bulbs are properly and sturdily set.
- The brass case makes the light looks majestic and also ensures its durability.
- The light is heavy and does not need any suction cup or rock to hold it upon the water. It stands on its own weight.
- The cord is extra long and thus it will be efficiently plugged to the box.
- The LED bulb is pretty large and offers clear light which is great even from underwater.
5. Solar pond spotlight submersible
The brand LC-smarts have brought this Solar pond spotlight to us. This is good news for the environmentalists as this light, as the name suggests, runs by power from solar panel. The light is great for the area which gets ample solar light throughout the day.
However, this light is little bit different than the regular pond lights we were discussing above.
- It does not submerge inside the pond water like the regular pond lights. Instead, it can be inserted in the substrate stand. It will stand firm and will be held for days.
- The best part of this spotlight is, it runs by solar power. The collection of solar energy gets converted into power and runs these lights.
- There is no hazard to maintain the electrical cords so there will be no clutter in this lighting arrangement.
- This is totally environment friendly so you can be guilt free while using the lights for your garden pond.
- The lamp comes three in a pack.
- The panel that is used to collect the solar energy is separated from the actual light.
- The panel gets inserted and the lights stay outside and submerged.
- There is not much variety in the colour of the light. Only white light can be seen as there is not coloured lens available with this light.
- The light is made of rigid plastic so there is no chance of getting cracked or worn out anytime soon.
- The light comes with IP68 waterproof function, so you do not have to worry about any accident do to the water leakage.
- There are special dustproof and waterproof treatment so it will not be a problem of penetrated by dust. Also it can be safely placed under water for many days and no chance of getting worn by the water.
- The solar pond lights can charge automatically. When there will be sunlight it will get its charge through the panels. Once it is fully charged it will keep burning till 20 hours non-stop if the panels get continuous charge for 8 hours.
- If you are planning for a environment protection theme, then it will be best to use these solar lights for your pond decoration in garden.
- The installation is much easy. You just need to insert the LED landscape spotlight and the spike stands out on its own. There will be no hassle with the cords and screws to fit and fix.
- You can adjust the solar panel to face the sun so it gets direct sunlight throughout the day. The light heads are adjustable till 90 degree and the lights and solar panel can be moved up and down as per your requirement.
- The solar garden lamps come with 3 lamp holders and 6 LED lamps.
- The design is amphibious along with waterproof and dust proof. So this product will last longer than you will expect it to be.
- This is just the right kind of model to be used outdoor. You can put it in the entrance, parking lot, rim side, garage, and playground along with pond.
- The panel and the light are separated so you can place the waterproof solar panel in any place you want. You can keep the solar panel on the grass, pools or in any shady places like garage. It will efficiently charge up without any hassle.
6. WEKSI RGB 36 LED Submersible Lamp with IR Remote Control
These pond lights come in multiple hues, like red, green and blue. Inside each light fixture you will be able to see these choices.
- The colours of these lights can be blended to create an illuminating atmosphere. The unlimited colour palette created by these basic colours is a great fun part for any garden party.
- There is a remote control to use the variations of the lights. You can select and set colours to see the magic yourself or entertain your guests.
- The colour changing pattern can be assigned to all lights or any automated colour changing programme can be turned on, when the lights will change colour to some pre-programmed format.
- Each of the fixtures comes with 36 LED lights.
- These fixtures can be tilted up to 180 degree in their yokes, so you can bend them to fix the lighting of the surrounding area as per your choice.
- If you plan to place the lights in any out of pond fashion then there are removable ground spikes to help you out. The spikes can be pressed on the ground so you can position the lights afterwards.
- There is no photo sensor in the kit, so you have to control the lights by the timer and it will be set by the remote.
- There is no memory in the lights for the last colour selection so you have to change or set the colour pattern individually every time.
- When the power will be turned off, if you do not select any colour pattern the next time it is switched on, the strobing colour changing pattern will be followed by the light.
- The lights work great and the users are pretty happy with its functionality.
7. LemonBest 12v Water Resistant LED Underwater Light Flood Lamp
This product from the brand Lemonbest is great for underwater use as well as over the garden use.
- One of the best features this branded light can offer you is energy efficiency. You will be able to conserve 85% of energy by using this light. This is a great reason to choose this over the regular pond lights.
- It runs on electricity, and you have to remember that while setting it up around your pond. It needs much caution to set up this light.
- There is 2 years warranty on this product so you can get assurance from the manufacturer that it will be replaced within that time span if anything goes wrong.
- A sealant should be used in the lens which does not come with the package, this can be a turn down for such a good product.
- The product is made of silver aluminium so no issue with corrosion or rusting, this light will stand the test of time and weather easily.
- The rubber seal ring makes sure that the light sits perfectly on the bracket.
- The plain glass and reflection cup is there to give the light proper support.
- The light emits cool white light of 6000 to 6500k and it can run on 12V electricity.
- The long life of this product is guaranteed and it offers energy saving which we have already mentioned earlier.
- The product goes through 5 steps quality control and thus we can say that it is the best product for your pond.
- The light emits no UV or IR radiation so it is definitely an environment friendly and safe choice for the garden and pond life.
Read More: Best Small plants for small Pond
There are so many beautiful options for pond lighting that you will be tempted to buy so many of them. But keep the criteria in mind like the area of your pond, or the energy and cost saving point. This way you will be able to make a wise decision in pond light shopping.